Pages

Monday, March 19, 2012

these days

Some days you have a toddler at your feet, you have a cranky 9 month old, food cooking on the stove, a husband who goes to work hard every day, vacuuming to be done.... and pounds and pounds of laundry waiting for you.

Yes, it was one of those days. So, you do what you gotta do. Up my cranky girl Siena went on the laundry table, to help me fold and stuff and organize.


These days are the days where I try as hard as I can to not huff-and-puff. To take my time, to look my girls in their eyes, to let them know I am present to them. I physically have to remind myself that they are angels given to me, and that their cries for me or for dad are not going to be around forever. At some point, they will grow up, they won't want kisses, they won't want to lay in our arms for hours on end, they will leave us.

Those days will kill me so much more than the days where I feel like I don't have enough time, enough arms, enough patience to get through. Those days will be quiet in a way that I haven't heard quiet in years. Those days I will long for these days, these glorious days that teach me more about myself than ever before.


Love,
Jenna

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this Jenna! This is such a great reminder that especially on the hard days, it's so important to reflect and appreciate all the good in your life. You're such a great mama and an inspiration to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks AK! Can't wait to meet your handsome man :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. crying... truth worded so beautifully! Thank you Jesus for the gift of Jenna in my life!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...