Pages

Friday, March 15, 2013

friday reading time: march 13th

Sleeping Man

Dear Mom on the iPhone, it's ok. ---> Fried Okra
what I love about this: "Why does a simple piece of technology give a stranger license to accuse you of being a selfish, too-busy, disengaged woman who's threatening her children's self-esteem and self worth? We both know that's not who you are."

Confessions of a cloth diaper drop out ---> simple kids
what I love about this: "I’m a big believer in using cloth diapers, but I’m even more committed to moms and dads doing what they need to do to keep from being overwhelmed. Parenting is hard enough."

Being brave enough to be un-fine ---> Lisa-Jo Baker
what I love about this: "And I’ve lived enough broken and loved enough friends through their own cracks to know that redeemed is not the same as fixed and that holes can still ache even when we’re whole again."

When You're Expected to "Pull it Together" ---> (in)courage
what I love about this: "In the moments when torment throbs deep, God doesn’t bark 'stiffen that upper lip, girl.' He instead whispers 'come to me dear one, come to me.' "

the mother they need is the mother you are ---> steady mom
what I love about this: "The revelation is this: the mother my kids need is the mother I am."

photo by dolfi

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...