Pages

Monday, July 2, 2012

siena, siena, siena.

Well, my little one turned one. Siena girl is now a ONE YEAR OLD. Insanity, I tell you! She brings me so much joy it is literally unbelievable. I don't understand what God did when He made her - she is all the goodness wrapped up in one adorable beautiful loving and sweet baby. It's really amazing. There is just something special.

Sadly, I worked on Siena's actual birthday. MAJOR sad. It was so horrible... so the day before, we tried to have some special family time (on "mama and dada's bed"), and tried to soak up all of our love together. Michael and I are some blessed parents to have these two wonderful girls.

Here's dad loving on his babies: 



So, her birthday was on a Thursday, and I also worked Friday. So Saturday and Sunday (and Monday and Tuesday) were ALL about Siena. We sang to her pretty much for two days straight, simply because Lia LOVES the happy birthday song. And Siena just looks up and smiles. Ugh.

On Saturday, Michael's family came over to love on our special girl. Here are ALL the cousins together - I know, I know, the two girls aren't even looking at the camera. But this is shot 25. I'm pretty sure everyone was restless, and seriously, I can't get either of those girls to ever look at me.


Then, of course, we moved on to cake. I got the cake from Whole Foods and it was super yummy... and Annette, Michael's mom did the honors or writing on the cake and decorating it with sprinkles. It was so cute.



"hold up, hold up, what's going on here?" and then there's Lia. That girl has a set of grills :D

We had such an awesome time having breakfast with Michael's family, and were so blessed to be able to do it again with my family the next day! It was so much fun. 


Grandpa had to take his honorary "mouth full of cake" photo with Siena since he did it with Lia. I have that photo on my old computer, so I have to find it and put the two together!


Lia with her most favorite Pablo! Yes, she looks like she's choking him but he ended up okay :)


mmmm gluten free cupcakes - my favorite! ;) 



I mean, isn't he the cutest?! 


I simply can't handle the love that Siena and Lia share - it's so surprising every time a special moment like this happens - not because it happens infrequently - but because I don't understand how they already love another person (who isn't their parent) as much as they do.



I've been trying to teach her how to pose :) Now, we just need to get her looking NEAR the camera.

Then on Tuesday we headed to the nearby splash pad for some good ole splashing time with friends. Siena is one lucky girl to have as many lovely people in her life.



As a recap - we love Siena. The End.

Head over to my current blog at A Mama Collective:



2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...