Before I had her I always said "If I lived in a dream world with lots of money, I would buy all SIZED diapers to diaper my kids."
Sized diapers are diapers that are sized for a specific weight range. I love sized diapers as you get the best fit out of the diaper without having to worry about "sizing" it for multiple children (as I have two in diapers - Lia is 22 months and Siena 14 weeks).
Here is an example of a newborn "sized" diaper. This is an XS Fuzzibunz (4-12lbs) pocket diaper at 10 days old:
- Great fit for newborn
- Snaps (so no messing with velcro in the wash/dryer)
- Easy application
- No leaks
- Soft microfleece next to baby's skin
- Unstuffing pocket diaper before washing
- Snaps on a newborn don't get the best fit, as you may be in between snaps
- Small pocket opening makes it more difficult to re-stuff after drying
**If I had a chance to buy different newborn sized diapers, I would probably purchase velcro and an all-in-one option as opposed to a pocket. Velcro's pro: giving you the best fit on a little babe. All-in-one pro: you don't have to worry about unstuff/stuffing a very small pocket opening.
This is what I would buy:
I will continue to be doing reviews of our past diapers, so check back!